You don’t need weight loss pills to burn body fat, lose weight and get a lean body. These weight loss supplements either do not work or will only give you a short-term boost at best. Some of these supplements could harm your health.
Here are 5 reasons not to take weight loss pills to burn fat and shape your body:
1. Make frequent changes to your workout program. Here are some examples:
—vary the workout intensity, repetitions and rest periods
—change the duration of your workouts
—change your exercise routine (try new exercises) every 1-2 weeks
—use different methods such as supersets, circuits and blasts
—use very little machine weight exercises and cardio machine routines (machines do too much work for you)
You don’t have to workout for hours per session to get huge fat loss results. Shorten your weight training workouts to 50 minutes or less and ramp up the intensity. Shorten your interval cardio workouts to 20 minutes.
Do as many compound strength exercises (with weights or bodyweight) standing up as possible. These types of exercises work major muscle groups and many times are full-body strength exercises. Squats, deadlift, lunges, standing bentover rows, squat-to curl-to press and bench press are great examples. Full-body core exercises like planks and side planks work well also. Spend less time posing on “mirror exercises” like bicep curls, calf raises and tricep extensions.
2. Shorten and intensify your interval cardio workout. Too many long, slow cardio sessions wastes time and eats away at your muscle mass. Short, intense interval cardio sessions also burn more fat and calories during and after your workout.
Some examples of good interval cardio exercises are:
–sprints on the ground (flat or incline)
3. Make needed changes to your eating habits. Its possible to have layers of fat on top of your muscles. Eat whole, natural foods. And, track your calories in a journal until you have a good idea of how you need to eat to burn fat.
Don’t ruin great workouts by eating bad food with a million calories. It will be easier to eat right if you plan your meals for the week. And, instead of eating out during the day, pack your food. This will protect you from binge eating and haphazard eating (i.e. grazing).
4. Take your fat loss to a higher level with jump (plyometric) exercises and workouts.
If you’re having trouble sculpting your butt, hips and thighs, try more plyometric training. Plyometric workouts are advanced workouts. You need to perfect jumping and landing techniques or you will injure yourself. And, if you have knee and low back problems, high-speed plyometric training is not for you.
Effective fat burners are jump rope, squat jumps, lunge jumps, depth jumps, jumping jacks, tuck jumps, side-to-side hops and front-to-back hops.
5. Build a healthy body with a long-term commitment to healthy eating, regular workouts and healthy lifestyle choices. That’s the bottom line. Get started with the intent to never stop. This gives you the best chance to live a longer, healthier life.
Use these natural fat burners to lean out your body and keep the weight off.