Everyone gets acne every now and then, some more than others. It’s a natural thing that we all hate. There are many different causes of acne and it generally occurs during the teenage years resulting in whiteheads, pustules, and cysts, usually on the face and back. Whatever the case may be, we all look for the best treatment. Acne should be treated on the surface of the skin as well as internally. There are natural and effective ways of treating acne. Tea tree and garlic are antiseptic and antibiotic. Calendula and comfrey promote healing. Self-Help: Increase intake of vitamin C and garlic.
External Remedies for Ance
- Herb: Tea tree, clove, garlic. Remedy: Dab 1 drop of neat tea tree or clove essential oil on the pus-filled head of a boil or a pimple twice a day. Alternatively, cut a clove of garlic in half and rub over the area twice a day.
- Herb: Calendula. Remedy: Apply ointment or cream or dab undiluted tincture onto the pus-filled area twice a day.
- Herb: Comfrey. Remedy: Apply comfrey ointment or cream the pus-filled area twice a day.
- Herb: Lemon. Remedy: Dab pure lemon juice onto the area, or dilute 1tsp. of lemon juice with 1 tbs. of water and use as a skin wash twice a day.
- Herb: Slippery Elm, Calendula, myrrh, echinacea. Remedy: Mix 1 level tsp. of slippery elm powder with sufficient calendula, myrrh, or echinacea tincture to make a thick, smooth paste. Place on and around a pimple, and bandage securely. Remove after 1-2 hours. Note: This remedy is especially useful for drawing painful boils and splinters.
Internal Remedies for Ance
- Herbs: Dandelion, burdock. Remedy: make a decoction using 5g of burdock root and 10g of dandelion root with 3 cups of water. Divide into 3 doses and drink during the day.
- Herb: Echinacea. Remedy: Take echinacea pills or capsules or make a decoction of 10g of root to 3 cups of water, drink during the day.