Your eyes help people around you paint an impression about you. Naturally, you’d want to make a good impression of yourself which, as you know, starts with a physical presentation of who you are. Your eyes can say a lot about you. So, if dark under eye circles are ruining your look, it’s time to get serious and give more attention as to how you can improve how your dark under eye bags appear.
With so many eye care products in the market today, all promising to deliver you visible results in just a few applications, there is a big chance you could be duped and robbed of your hard-earned dollars.
Below are simple tips you may want to keep in mind when choosing the right eye cream that works best for you:
1. Know your personal objective for wanting to use an eye cream. Do you want to use an eye cream to prevent signs of aging and dark circles from forming around your eyes? Or, do you already have them and are looking for ways to reverse the aging they’ve caused your skin? For most prevention purposes, over-the-counter eye serums will work just fine. If you have deep-seated wrinkles and very dark under eye circles, and want drastic improvements, however, you might want to pay your dermatologist a visit and ask about what options may be available for you.
2. Know your skin type. If you want detailed results and tailor-fit treatment, it is inevitable that you get a skin analysis done. Work with your dermatologist to determine the best treatment option for you. Make sure to discuss any history of allergies you may have with your doctor before starting on any product.
3. Read the labels, research the product, and get to know the manufacturer better. It’s the heyday of the Internet! Google up that product and its manufacturer and try to find out if the product has undergone R&D, independent studies particularly on safety and effectiveness, and if the manufacturer has a good reputation. You may also want to check out customer reviews.
4. Choose an eye cream that contains active ingredients. Active ingredients in eye creams do one or more of five things: catalyze rapid cell turnover, boost skin moisturization, relax facial muscles, tighten skin, and act as a powerful antioxidant that prevents the damaging effects of free radicals.
Active ingredients like collagen, peptides and hyaluronic acid work great in speeding up skin cell repair and renewal by supporting the rapid production of collagen in large volumes. A peptide-based active ingredient known as acetyl-hexapeptide-8 smoothens out wrinkles by relaxing facial muscles. Eye creams containing Arnica extract basically does the same thing too. Most eye creams will infuse antioxidants like Vitamins A, C, and E, haloxyl, and Co-Q10.
5. Use a different eye cream for day and night. You don’t want retinoids on your daytime eye cream but, you want your night time eye repair cream to have them. Retinoids easily breakdown upon exposure to sunlight. Retinoids have been proven many times to deliver visible results in reversing signs of aging most especially on mature skin. Make sure your daytime eye cream is infused with sunscreen.
6. Go for all natural, organic-based eye creams most especially if you have ultra sensitive skin. There’s always a big risk that a harsh ingredient is infused in commercially prepared eye creams. So, if you have ultra sensitive skin and a history of skin reacting with skincare products, consider going all natural to avoid possible side effects.
You might want to try homemade beauty fixes as well. For one, you may try applying lemon juice to help improve the appearance of your dark under eye circles. Lemon has natural astringent properties that help lighten dark skin.
The skin around your eyes is very thin. As such, it is prone to wrinkling and swelling. Therefore, the skin around your eyes needs extra special care. Make sure to keep the area clean and dry, and use only eye cream products that have been clinically proven to be safe and effective in keeping your eyes healthy and young looking.